Thursday, May 21, 2015
Thursday, May 14, 2015
There are more than 3M US cases of food poisoning reported a year. Food Poisoning isn’t pretty. Protect yourself.
- If food has been sitting out of the refrigerator for more than two hours, toss it. Bacteria doubles every 20 minutes after that.
- Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator, not the counter
- DON’T rinse poultry- Many lab studies show that at least 83% of raw poultry is contaminated with salmonella or campylobacter bacteria. Washing it before cooking it significantly increases the chances of spreading it to your sink and countertop. You’re safer just cooking it throughly. Check the temperature of your meat. Poultry cooked at 148 degrees for 3 minutes kills 99.999999% of salmonella.
- Wash ALL fruits and vegetables. Fruits and Vegetables are susceptible to disease causing microorganisms, which can escape to the pulp inside when being cut. Berries and leafy greens should be soaked in water for 2 minutes; for extra safety, add lemon juice to the water.
- Avoid salad bars and buffets at restaurants. Half of food borne illnesses are linked to restaurant dishes- and the riskiest ones are those that sit out for longer than 2 hours. If you love buffets pick a busy restaurant, where food trays are frequently refilled.
For the latest list of foods that may be contaminated visit the FDA website. Foodsaftey.gov
Saturday, May 2, 2015
A boy band encourages Amy to throw out all of her makeup and embrace her inner beauty. Amy finds this very encouraging, until these same guys realize, Amy isn’t a super-model after all and actually looks pretty bad with out makeup, so they start encouraging her to put it all back on. The video started off as a comedy skit for her Comedy Central show, but quickly sparked a social media movement; women ( and some men) started posting selfies of themselves without makeup and the hashtag #girlyoudontneedmakeup. The comedian was moved by the response and responded as any inspired woman would, “Waste no time stressin bout looks” BRAVO AMY! Check it out!
© Lifestyle of Beauty . All rights reserved.